As we announced this summer, here is the Alpha update 01!
This update is rather major, as you will see in the release note at the end of this article.
We have also taken into consideration your feedback and suggestions sent to us by mail, Facebook or Discord. Thank you for your involvement.
But how do you download the update?
It couldn’t be easier!
If you have the launcher installed on your computer, just launch it and it will automatically download the last update.
If you do not have the launcher we invite you to go to the download section.
Will we finally be able to leave the Control Room?
Yes! You will finally be able to wander in the SGC and travel to Abydos.
Keep in mind that the rest of the SGC is under development.
It lacks textures, props, lighting isn’t finalised, etc ...
So, I will finally be able to go and sit in the General's chair!
Unfortunately this part of the SGC is not ready yet.
Will the MAC version be out someday?
You can now download the MAC version!
We hope that you will enjoy this update and that you will enjoy discovering our work.
If you feel like discussing the game, join our Discord!
Thank you for your support and encouragement.
The Stargate Network team
- Update of the Engine to 4.21
- Added settings at the first launch of the game (language, gamma and keyboard layout)
- New loading screen with artworks and hints
- Added a welcome message when launching the game
- Resolution is now saving after relaunching the game
- New model for neon lights
- General optimization of game code and programs
- Improvement of the menu and in-game texts
- Opening of the corridors of level 28 and the Briefing Room (WIP)
- Added ambient sound
- Added wormhole
- Added Abydos and the DHD
- Full Gamepad support (Xbox)
- Improved HUD
- Added access card
- New animation for access card reader
- Improved placement of interaction texts
- General improvement of collisions
- Fixed a bug that prevented the correct entry of an address on the Stargate dialing program
- Added death when the player touches the Kawoosh and crosses from behind
- Added a death’s screen
- Added player's respawn after death
- Improved main menu and added new animations
- Added social networks and website
Improvement in the game settings:
- Added key mapping for Stargate dialing program
- Fixed a bug that would crash the game when unbind a key
- Added an option to disable or enable the HUD
- Added an option to disable or enable the crosshair
- Added gamma setting
- Added keyboard layout
- Added mouse sensitivity setting
- Added sensitivity for the X and Y axes of the gamepad
- Added an option to reverse Y axis for mouse and gamepad
- Added FOV setting
- Added choice of the display screen
- Added a slider to choose the maximum number of frames per second
- Fixed a bug: The game window is now centered on the screen when applying the choice of resolution of the monitor when the full screen mode is "Windowed".
- The frame rate is now displayed in this menu
- The "Play" button is replaced by "Resume"
- Improved lighting
- Unboxed coffee machine
- Added mugs next to the coffee machine
- Added Stargate energy management program
- Enhanced of the phone cabinet
- Added missing panels in the middle of the main console
- Added possibility to turn ON & OFF the Starmap
- Added reflection in the glass (depending of the graphic quality settings)
- Improved gate support (Work in progress)
- Improved of the ramp (Work in progress)
- Enhanced event horizon
- Enhanced sounds
- Enhanced animations
- Enhanced reflections from event horizon
- Enhanced Kawoosh
- Off world activation time increased in SGC
We’re back from the Great White North, and it was quite an adventure!
The week was filled with emotions and many interesting encounters.
After a 9-hour flight to the other side of the world, the team finally arrived in Vancouver, Canada.
This Gatecon has been the opportunity for us to introduce Stargate Network to the hordes of English speaking fans present.
On the first day we presented the game for 30 minutes on stage: history, workflow, and Q&A session with the audience.
On the second day, during our second on stage presentation, the public were blown away by a live sneak peek of our next update. We also got congratulated by Brad Wright, historical co-creator and producer of all the Stargate shows.
Amongst the audience was also Bruce Woloshyn, VFX supervisor on the franchise shows.
He came by our booth afterwards to tell us how much he appreciated our work. He was really excited about it, and offered to help.
He totally delivered when he came back in the afternoon holding two huge blinders, filled with original blueprints and drawings. It was really an enriching and enlightening encounter.
But there is even more! A few days later, he kindly invited us to meet at his workplace, Method Studios (Vancouver). He gave us a tour of the place, then we talked about our project and discussed the making of Stargate’s visual effects.
Incidentally, the following picture has been taken in the only part of the office that remained unchanged since the Rainmaker era. Rainmaker was the company name at the time they were working on Stargate VFXs, where Bruce spent long hours and days working on it.
Rest of the week has also been busy, as we visited emblematic filming locations, such as Tollana, P7J-989, PX9-757, the 1969 observatory, and a couple of other places that you can see in the video at the beginning of this article.
Many of you have been startled at the sight of a mini 3D-printed bluetooth DHD at our booth during the Gatecon, which has been designed and printed by a team member, Kvasir, precisely to add a touch of fun when you are playing at our booth during events.
This DHD is a direct interface with the game and allows to dial the gate manually in place of the in-game DHD.
It is just an internal prototype, and we do not intend to produce it on a larger scale for now.
We are coming back to you with some information about the Gatecon which is taking place in one week.
Regarding our booth, we will be in the "Britania Ballroom".
You will be able to discover in exclusivity the update 01 of the v4.0 Alpha where you will be able to go through the Gate to Abydos.
We also reserve you some surprises, but you should discover it yourself!
Our team will perform on stage Stargate Network in two sessions, one Friday from 4 pm to 4:30 pm and the other Saturday from 9:45 am to 10 am.
We will present the project in general and will talk about the upcoming update illustrated with gameplay images. We will also discuss how we work and our ideas for the future of Stargate Network.
At the end of the presentation we have a Q&A section with the audience.
The Gatecon supports "Cystic Fibrosis Canada" by organizing a charity auction whose funds will be fully donated to this organization.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is one of the three principal charitable organizations committed to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis and is an internationally recognized leader in funding research, innovation and clinical care.
Stargate Network joins this event by donating a "Stargate Network" t-shirt.
[GATECON 2018] Stargate Network joins the invasion!
Posted on by
We are very proud to announce that we will be at Gatecon 2018 at Vancouver, Canada, from September 14 to 16, 2018!
The convention offers us a both where we will present in exclusivity the update 01 of the v4.0 Alpha.
In addition, we will present on stage Stargate Network for 15/20 minutes.
For the moment, 32 actors who have played on the franchise will be present, such as Cliff Simon (Ba'al), Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson), Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter), writers, as well as producers Brad Wright and Martin Wood.
This is an unique opportunity for us to finally present the game to our fans on the other side of the Atlantic as well as the iconic Stargate producers and actors.